Remedy Kombucha: Our wild, live culture of yeast and bacteria are the workhorse of our Remedy Kombucha small batch brews. There are several stages to our natural fermentation process, conducted by many different organisms. Yeast of the Saccharomyces genus and bacteria from Acetobacter and Gluconobacter species are just some of the major contributors. During the fermentation, our bacteria produce short chain fatty acids (SCFAs). These are the same acids produced by the healthy bacteria in your gut, supporting your immune system, metabolism and overall health. Some of the specific actions of these SCFAs in your body are to:
- Prevent overgrowth of bad pathogenic bacteria, by lowering the pH of the gut environment.
- Provide an energy source for the probiotic bacteria in your gut.
- Increase the body’s ability to break down fats
- Assist in regulating appetite
- Help stabilise blood sugar levels.
- Help to regulate cholesterol.
Coconut Water Kefir: Contains live cultures Saccharomyces and Lactobacillus.